DevReach strives to be the premier developer conference in Central and Eastern Europe. It was first organized in 2006 and has grown in both size and importance ever since. The conference is intended for IT professionals engaged or interested in application development. DevReach is unique because it provides the best environment in which to:
- Learn from leading practitioners
- Get practical tips and tricks
- Discuss problems and their solutions with fellow developers from all over Europe
- Establish valuable contacts and advance career opportunities
This annual event features world recognized industry experts who share their knowledge in a stimulating, enjoyable and friendly atmosphere. DevReach offers the ideal opportunity to enhance your proficiency in software application development and boost your confidence.
DevReach 2012 Content
DevReach 2012 offered more than 60 sessions in 6 parallel tracks presented by speakers coming to Sofia from 10 countries on 3 continents. Everything that’s new and exciting - Windows 8, HTML5, SharePoint 2013, Visual Studio 2012, you name it - we had it covered!
- The Web Development Track provided sessions that focus on a mix of usable information for today’s web development, as well as forward looking topics important to the emerging trends around HTML5, .NET 4.5, and Metro.
- The Mobile Development track provided a mix of sessions covering both native and cross-platform development app development. Sessions in this track focused primarily on mobile apps, with some room for also addressing mobile web.
- In the Cloud track offered practical information that you could apply immediately in your application development to take advantage of the power and flexibility the cloud provides. The cloud is emerging as the de-facto platform for building scalable applications. Whether you are using Windows Azure or Amazon Web Services, there was content relevant to you.
- The Architecture track covered best practices on how to architect and write quality code. Lots of real life demos and tips from practice have been covered. Quality code means well performing code so performance and memory tips were also covered. And last but not least - big data on SQL and new version of SharePoint were also addressed.
- The Agile mini-track covered agile tools and teams, specifically how to implement agile in your organization and how it can scale. It offered a clear presentation of the issues you face with agile in any organization.
- The Testing mini-track was aimed to help you discover new approaches to building high-quality software through a whole-team approach to software development. Fundamentals and more advanced concepts about exploratory testing, automated unit and functional tests, specification-driven testing, and performance testing - it was all there.
How the DevReach Idea was born
In the beginning of 2006, the .NET Department in the National Academy for Software Development (NASD) raised the idea of creating a high-caliber .NET conference. The idea was simple – bring internationally recognized speakers that participate at events like TechEd, PDC, DevConnections, VSLive, INETA User Group meetings, etc. The vision was to have sessions not only showcase the latest Microsoft technologies but also to provide practical knowledge that can help developers be more successful at their jobs.
The conference also presented a great opportunity to build a stronger developer community and the idea resonated in INETA and it decided to support the event by sending some members of the INETA Speaker’s Bureau to present sessions.
At more or less the same time, Telerik Corporation, a leading vendor of developer tools, was also considering the launch of a .NET-focused event. Being a regular exhibitor and sponsor at most premier conferences like PDC, TechEd USA, ASP.NET Connections, Telerik wanted to share the vibe and benefits of such events with Bulgarian .NET developers and Martin Kulov quickly gained a strong supporter to help with the financing and organization of the event.
In its pursuit to help nascent .NET communities grow, Microsoft Corporation offered financial assistance and help for the launch of the event. Together with the financial help from Telerik this made it possible to offer very affordable admission to an event with such a stellar line-up of speakers.
After a lot of joint effort from Martin Kulov and NASD, Telerik, INETA and Microsoft the first edition of DevReach came together. It was a great success and it set the beginning of what we hope will be a great developer-centric event with many editions to come. Our long term goal is to create a strong and vibrant .NET community and further advance the professional expertise of Bulgarian developers.
DevReach is brought to you by Telerik and multiple renowned technology supporters.